Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Josie Back at the Library


Monday it was cold and rainy, but Meema picked me up from school and we went to the library! The big bunnies at the library were dressed like people and I asked Meema to take my picture with Mrs. Bunny.


We picked out a lot of books. Meema told me to be sure to put them back in the right place, and I told her that I have a library at school, and I know all about what to do in a library.

I also spent time playing with all the fun things--I made a HUGE tower at the Lego table.


There is a pretend car that I used to like to drive when I was little. I am probably too old for it now.


I did a puppet show for Meema. It was about Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf.


Grandma, what big ears you have! (I know all the words.)


After the show, I colored with another kid. Finally, Meema said it was almost 4:30 and we had to go home. It was raining still and Meema got a little fussy while she was standing in the rain, waiting for me to get my jacket off and get in my booster seat.

Josie, hurry up! she said and I said, You're not the boss of me and she said, Oh, yes, I am. I am your grandmother and the driver of this car, and I am standing in the rain, and I say get in that seat NOW!.

She was really fussy so I got into my booster seat right away.  Well, I told her, you're not the boss of my feelings and she said that was right and we went home.


 

2 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

LOL! She is at that age. What I've always read is that children develop a solid sense of self around five or six, and begin to see themselves as independent, separate beings. Josie is right on track.

Barbara Rogers said...

Gotta love the bunny dressed up and photo taken with little Miss. Standing in cold rain is enough to make any grandmother fussy...and a bit bossy to boot. But oh, to know that one has one's own feelings, no matter what!