Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Things I Do at Meema's


I brought up my special treasure box with a twirling unicorn. It is full of special treasures that I had to show Meema.


I told Meema that Valentine's Day is coming soon. O my god, I don't know what to do, I said. It is my first Valentine's Day at school.


Meema said not to worry that Valentine's Day is two weeks away. She said we could start making valentines now and she cut out some hearts for me to paint.


I painted them a bunch of different colors. when they dry, Meema will write what I tell her to on them and then we will decorate them with buttons from the button box.


I worked in a workbook. There are questions about more and less and bigger and smaller. Also some arithmetic like what is 2 plus 4. (The answer is 6. You can count on your fingers to get it.)

Of course we read books. Meema read The Nutcracker and PaleoWolf and Ranger Rick to me and I read Dr. Seuss's ABC book to my babies. I was trying to get them to go to sleep but first I had to read to them and sing a lullaby before I could tuck them in.


Finally, Meema had remembered to put some bananas in the freezer so she could make me some ice cream. It was bananas and blueberries and it was very good.

Then I walked around in Grumpy's boots. They are huge.

Also today Otter was up for a playdate. She and Jenny go crazy and run around and try to chew stuff up. Meema forgot to get pictures but that's okay. Maybe next time.


 

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Such good things happen at Meema’s house.

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful playful shots of the great little one. Dogs don't pose for the camera I know. So glad she's got a sense of giving for valentines. I always focused on who I got things from, and somehow it never was enough! But that's a kid for you.

Sandra Parshall said...

Oh, I love seeing her with the unicorn box! So glad she's still interested in it this long after Christmas. I know what a 5 year old's attention span is like.