Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Josie Is An Author (and Illustrator)!




Guess what! I have written a book! I did the pictures and told Meema the words to write down. You can read it.

 

It is called THE BEAUTUL BUTTERFLY WIH THE PERFECT TAIL.


Meema stapled it together so it is a real book.



Once upon a time there was a beautiful village and a tiny blue house where a mother and daddy lived with their kid. And there was big green house where the granny lived.

And then the kid and the daddy went out to their car because they were going to see the kid's grandma.


They went to the car, opened up the door, and jumped inside and drove off to see the granny.


And then they saw a beautiful butterfly with a purple tail.

And then they got to grandma's house and grandma was waiting outside. 

The granny and the kid had so much fun together.

The End---I hope you liked it.

Kirkus Reviews: A brilliant debut, reminiscent of early Ann Tyler.

Publishers Weekly: Keenly observed, blending family dynamics, nature, and modern day automotive dependence.


 

5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, such a beautiful first edition. My son wasn't that young, but in 3rd grade when he wrote his first book. I'll have to remember to ask him the next time he calls, if he remembers it.

Sandra Parshall said...

Keep this. Don't ever let it be misplaced. When Josie is an adult and publishing novels, she will be happy that she still has this first effort. She still has to learn that the heart of any story is conflict, but she will get there soon enough.

JJM said...

Yay, Josie! You're getting an early start on your career as a writer. Or your avocation; your talents and desires might steer you in a different direction, in time. Each of us has a beautiful butterfly with a perfect tail to follow through life -- who knows whither it will lead us? Follow, and find out!

(Here I must confess that I am just a tad jealous. I didn't write my first book until I was a year or two older than Josie. As it happens, it was also about a butterfly, or, actually, about a caterpillar named "Why" because he kept asking questions about everything. Fittingly, he grew up to be a butterfly with caterpillars of his own, all of them just as curious about the world as he had been. Perhaps not incidentally, my last name, in Dutch, means "caterpillar".)

Vicki Lane said...

I can almost guarantee there will be more. She had so much fn with this.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Dear Josie, I LOVED your book! And the pictures were wonderful.