Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Playdate, Dress Up, and a Creation Myth


Finally my friend came over for a play date. Our last one was before Christmas and we had missed each other very much.


We did a lot of painting but then we remembered about dress up and The Room.


We put together some good costumes, I think.


I dumped the costume box out on the bed, and we chose stuff. 


We changed around a lot.  Dress up is fun. By the way, now I dress myself in the morning and I pick out my outfits. 

I like stripes.


My friend had to leave after lunch, so I did some more painting. These two pictures are from a dream I had when I was two years old. The orange monster in the top picture is shooting out stars and rainbows. His name is Star Shooter Rainbow Monster Man, and he is making the Rainbow World. This happened a long time ago--before me, even before dinosaurs.

The bottom picture is of Rainbow World also.

{Ed. note: It seems to me that in these two pictures, Josie is accessing the Aboriginal Dreamtime to relate a Creation story. The finger dots are characteristic of Aboriginal art--the star stickers are not.}



 

4 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

The girls look adorable and are obviously having a ball together after a long separation. Josie is doing what many young children do --dreaming the world into existence in a way that she can grasp and enjoy. Children want answers, but they often don't know how to ask the questions or understand the answers from impatient adults. If adults listened, many would be startled by the concepts about the world and other people that small kids have in their heads.

Barbara Rogers said...

Love the dress-up outfits...and the paintings...yes she is channeling the Aboriginal creation story! How wonderful to see!

Anvilcloud said...

That dream certainly made an impression.

Diotima Mantineia said...

"The finger dots are characteristic of Aboriginal art--the star stickers are not" But I suspect they would have been had they been available at the time. :-D

Your thoughts were also my first response to seeing those paintings. I'm fascinated that her words backed it up.

Always so much fun to see what Josie is up to.