Wednesday, April 28, 2021

The First In-Person CROWS Event!


What joy! I spoke to the Marshall Library Book Club--outside and all of them masked-- about CROWS and they asked the best questions! They really seemed to understand what it was I was trying to accomplish.

I've done some Zoom events but in the beginning my old computer was a bit wonky and the conditions just weren't ideal. What a pleasure to be in person!

I even managed to ask them to post reviews. It seems so tacky to be doing that but it really helps the book to get more notice. And there's some kind of algorithm on Amazon that kicks in when a book reaches 100 ratings--CROWS is at 82, which is more than any of my other books, due, I suspect, to my periodical nagging.

Many thanks to the folks at the library and the readers who made this event possible. It felt like old times. Except for the masks.


 

5 comments:

Miss_Yves said...

Great event!
When will it be translated in French?

Anvilcloud said...

My author SiL had a hard time actually getting people to post reviews, even though they promised (and probably had good intentions).

Vicki Lane said...

Oh, Miss Yves-- that is out of my hands. Maybe someday . . .

Barbara Rogers said...

So glad you all were able to meet in person! I love seeing real people again...rather than those on screens!

Thérèse said...

So happy for you Vicki! What a boost!