Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Josie and Cranky Meema


Aunt Fay sent me another person for my castle. She is the fairy elf Surah and she has a fancy horse.


I put her with Mr. King and Mrs. Queen and Miss Lady. They are having snacks. 


 Surah has wings.


I gave her a ride on one of my trucks.


She likes it here.


I love my friends.


Then we went to check on my Scarlet Runner Bean.


It is very tall and has lots of blossoms.


It also had three beans big enough to pick and we did.


Meema cooked them for my lunch. I wasn't sure if I would like them.


But I did! 


Later in The Room I had to get ready to drive the kids to school. I had to stand on Philly to put on my makeup and brush my hair. Don't worry, Philly stays very still and I am careful.


I use Ruby's brush. 

Meema was a little cranky in the afternoon because we both lay down but I Would Not take a nap and got up. When we went back to the living room, she sat on the sofa and said she would just close her eyes for five minutes while I played. So I got out my music stuff. 

Later, when we were out on the porch with the play dough, she was a little cranky and I asked her why. She said it was because Someone played a xylophone and maracas and tambourine and rang a bell while her grandmother was trying to take a little nap. "And banged a drum," I reminded her. 

But she didn't stay cranky for long. We went back in to do some drawing and I showed her that I am learning to make letters. I already could make an O but I did A, B, C (it is sometimes backwards but that's okay,) D (I put a straight line on the backward C to make D,) E and F, I (that is the easy one,) J (also sometimes backwards,) L, M (or W depending on how you hold the paper,) P, T, and U and X and Y. I also made a S but it was hard and I didn't try again.



Maybe soon I will write my name.


4 comments:

jennyfreckles said...

I sympathise - both with cranky Meema and a child who won't nap. My girls are well past the napping stage and after a day with them, however sweet and kind they are being, I'm exhausted! It's the noise!

Sandra Parshall said...

Priceless memories even if you couldn't catch a nap. i assume she's this way with her other grandma too. Love her braids.

Junk Journal Penpals said...

We all have a nap in the afternoons here too Vicki. Without it we are all cranky too. When I used to look after Dylan, he had a nap too but then he wouldn't and the day seemed sooooo long. All your pictures are gorgeous. Josie is doing really well, bless her :)

Junk Journal Penpals said...

ps I have a new blog, https://starproms.blogspot.com

I ditched the other one because I was getting too many anonymous unwelcome comments :)

Star