Sunday, November 8, 2020

Here Comes the Sun!



I pried myself away from the computer and was out pulling weeds and getting rid of dead branches when the election was called so didn't find out till half an hour later. But I like to think there was something symbolic going on--maybe even sympathetic magic.

We're not out of the woods yet--there's going to be whining and litigation and tweeting yet to endure. But the end is in sight.

And I am so happy. It's been lovely to hear from friends all over--even in in England, France, Austria, Canada, and New Zealand--who share my joy and relief. 

Now comes the hard part--bringing this divided nation together. 


 

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Good metaphor.

Barbara Rogers said...

Many deeply rooted weeds abound in our government...and only the tops show obviously to the new gardeners. It will take lots of work to actually get at the roots of racism, bigotry, hatred that underly many institutions. And all those other voters represent a lot of hate still out there. Shaking my head, but feeling we at least have a chance to do some good.

katy gilmore said...

The end is indeed in sight --and a new beginning!