Friday, April 10, 2009

What Is It?


These pretty pink blossoms are on the flowering quince down at Justin's house. The snow and cold of a few days ago seem not to have damaged the bloom, thank goodness.



And this big bird is a wild turkey hen who's become a daily visitor to our bird feeder. She's a little shy -- when she catches sight of me she doesn't panic and fly off but she's still a bit uneasy and begins to move away.



But this box-like thing below . . . this has me baffled. This is cropped from the picture in yesterday's post -- and it wasn't really there.

I took the picture of the room at night, did the post, and then noticed the . . . object. What's this, then? I wondered and trundled back upstairs to see what it could be.

And there was NOTHING there.

A hazy, wispy shape suggesting a woman with flowing draperies would be one thing but the ghost of a box? And it casting a shadow?

I don't know; this has got me puzzled.


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Bo Parker said...

Vicki, it's not the top of the post on the bed?
Bo Parker

Vicki Lane said...

(Blush) Well, of course it is and why I didn't see it . . . But in the full size picture on the previous post, it looks out of line somehow. . .

Dang! Just when I thought I had a ghostly apparition of a box . . .

Thanks, Bo.

Bo Parker said...

No need to blush. It's why you are the author of four published novels. You have the imagination to see beyond the mundane items of everyday life.
Gloria Steinem said, "Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning." The way I see it, you're already planning your next book.
Bo Parker

Tammy said...

Oh my...that is hysterical. I laughed so hard that my used to be tooth hurt! I do things like that all the time, my family just shakes their heads--but sometimes I just see what I see and get overtaken by the mystery! (Grin) Thanks for the laugh. I love it. Ghost of a box.
Tammy

Tess Kincaid said...

You're too cute! Thanks for the laughs. Loved seeing your lovely turkey hen. Enjoy the Easter weekend, Vicki!

Vicki Lane said...

Well, I'm delighted to have provided some comic relief. (I swear, in the original picture it looked . . . oh, never mind.)

But what a gracious explanation Bo gave as to why I saw a ghostly whatever rather than an out-of-perspective bed post. You're a true gentleman, Bo!

Carol Murdock said...

That's funny!Wishing you and your great family a very blessed and Happy Easter weekend Vicki!

Oh....love the Hen, maybe she will
become tame and hang around!

Susan M. Bell said...

The Case of the Ghostly Box...HMMM. That could make a good story. I'm off to find my notebook....