Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'd Like to Thank . . .


Back on Thursday I got this terrific news from my editor! I wanted to save it till now to send out concurrently with the newsletter. (Okay, it wasn't really a headline -- just my fun.) But seriously, huge thanks to all of you for giving Elizabeth such a boost!!

And to thank you all, I'm herewith announcing another CONTEST! All through this month, every time you make a comment on this blog, I'll put your name in the hat-- or the basket or the hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar. On July 1, a lucky winner will be drawn. The prize is the right to name a character in my work in progress -- for yourself, a pet, a friend (only with the friend's consent.)

There are two characters in DARK SEASON named by people who won the right in auctions or raffles -- Lee Pallatt and James Suttles. I had fun with both of them. A friend gave the right to Lee as a gift and Larry Suttles won the right and asked me to commemorate his father James. Of course, I wouldn't give your name to an evil person -- unless you requested it!

And finally, here's a link to the slideshow of pictures pertaining to DARK SEASON. (The computer and I got along fine at the library talk this evening.)
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Pat in east TN said...

Congratulations Vicki!!! That is awesome news ... you've got to be thrilled. How did your previous books rank??? Do you know???

Vicki Lane said...

Far as I know, this is the FIRST time I've been on the list. Huzzah!

susanbellnc said...

Next stop, the New York Times Bestseller List. :-)

Congrats. Can't say I've read the book yet. I'm trying hard to work on my own noel so am trying what you said you do. I am only rereading right now. But, your book is waiting patiently on my headboard, and I know it will pull me in like the others did. (And if I win your contest, there is an eighth grade English teacher who would make a great character.) ;-)

Vicki Lane said...

NY Times list -- now wouldn't THAT be loverly! Good luck with the novel!

Pepper Cory said...

Congrats on making the bestseller list. I look forward to many more Goodweather books.
Pepper Cory

Vicki Lane said...

Me too!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! I just turned the last page of the book yesterday, and I think that this is my favorite yet--I don't want to say anything and risk spoiling something for anyone else, but in a nutshell, I really cared about all of the characters and loved the Stand, both past and present. Congratulations again!

Vicki Lane said...

Thanks, Amelia! So glad you enjoyed it. Hope you read Drew my final word on Miss Orinda (p.418). He might appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I m reading the new book, and trying to take my time, because I know it will be awhile before the next on comes out. I'm hooked on the Goodweather seris! thanks!

Anonymous said...

I just sent a note to Sylvia, the bookmobile driver, to bring me "In a Dark Season" next month. It will be hard to wait, but I'm practicing patience.

Right now I'm also enjoying the Donna Leon series of mysteries set in Venice.

Vicki Lane said...

Take your time, Rachael -- it'll be this time next year before the Miss Birdie book is out. And this time in 2010 when the next Elizabeth book appears.

Donna Leon will pass the time for you, Deana! Great settings and stories!

Anonymous said...

Vicki- I didn't know that Miss Birdi was getting her own book, and now I really can't wait. I love her character. She quite a mountain lady!

Vicki Lane said...

re Miss Birdie book -- read all about it here:

http://vickilanemysteries.com/december.html

Anonymous said...

Oh Vicki - I just read your latest Goodweather Report, which I always love. Thank you for your nice little "Congratulations." What a lovely surprise that was.
I have "In A Dark Season" on the tippy top of my "to be read" stack, and can't wait. Huge congratulations to you for landing on the Southern Independent Bestseller List. A well-deserved honor; enjoy!

Vicki Lane said...

Anyone who quits smoking Deserves HUGE congratulations!

Hope you like DARK SEASON -- you know your Kahlua cake has a cameo role in it.