Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Coming to a Small Screen Near You

Many thanks to all of you who showed up yesterday over on the Fresh Fiction blog. Kinda like the high school yearbook -- I wanted something under my post so it didn't look like I had no friends. And you all came through very nicely! This guest blogging is a weird thing -- nice to be back home.

And now for something completely different. When I was at the Virginia Festival of the Book in Carlottesville last year, there were folks doing videos of the various authors talking about their current book. For free. It took a while (over a year) but they've just sent me the link to mine. That's another weird thing. My accent is more pronounced than I think it is (but I knew that from the first time I recorded a message on our answering machine) and for some ungodly reason, I close my eyes when I answer questions. So I can think undistracted, I guess.

Anyway, if you're interested, here's the link
for the video. I had to down load this
(Apple Quicktime Player) in order to watch the video. If you do this (and it's quite easy), be sure the sign up box is unchecked in order to avoid promotional emails.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Susan M. Bell said...

Love that bush with the white flowers. What's the name and did you plant it, or is it one of those "happy accidents?"

Vicki Lane said...

That's an Oak Leaf Hydrangea. I planted it as a small little thing and it's done well, as you can see. Its leaves turn absolutely glorious shades of red and bronze and copper in the fall

Pat in east TN said...

I have two of the Oak Leaf Hydrangea, one on each side of my front stairs. One is huge and putting on quite a show this year ... the other just can't seem to get it's act together, even though I give it extra TLC. I absolutely love them, especially in the fall like you said. Spectacular plant!

I'm off to watch your video now .....

Anonymous said...

What a great treasure your interview is! You look awesome....sound great...and I am off to re-read that book!

Anonymous said...

Dang- I meant to include my name...I an so computer illiterate...
By the way, beautiful hydrangea- the deer have eaten the lower half of mine:-(

Vicki Lane said...

Hey, Pat, Hey, Fay,

Plants are always an adventure, aren't they? I always say that I practice Darwinian gardening -- survival of the fittest.

Tammy said...

I don't have sound on my computer here at work, so I hope to be able to listen to the video at home. It looks good! ha... Also I thought it was hilarous when you had to clarify my 'weed eats' comment---I bet there are quite a few folks who would have wondered about that. ;-0 Lastly I think I saw something that would look good in your 'creepy garden'. At least the name is creepy. It was called Voodoo Sedum, and was a dark-reddish-blackish color. Rather pretty...in a creepy sort of way. Tammy

Vicki Lane said...

I'm SHOCKED, Tammy, to hear that you're fooling around on the internet while at work. Wait, I'm supposed to be writing just now and I'm . . . fooling around on the- oh, never mind.

I'll look for that sedum -- sounds just right.