Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Honest Scrap Award


Thanks to Kaye of Meandering and Muses for this Honest Scrap Award!

The recipient is asked to list 10 honest things about themselves so here goes:



1. I love these mountains where I live.

2. I think I have been blessed with an inordinate amount of luck in my life.

3. Can't sing a lick.

4. Nor dance.

5. I like to pull weeds.

6. I am completely indifferent to almost all organized sport -- unless someone I know and love is playing. (And even then . . .)

7. But I do think Roller Derby is pretty cool.

8. I almost never watch TV or a movie.



9. The other night I had a nightmare that that Dick Cheney was coming after me and his fingernails were claws. My husband woke me up because I was saying Help, Help over and over.

10. Which makes me think I should probably cut back on my perusal of the Huffington Post.

I invite you bloggers out there to take this award -- especially Square Sunshine, Star, Margies Crafts, Mountain Musing.

Take it or not; pass it on or not; do the 10 honest things meme or not -- it's up to you!

BLATANT SELF PROMOTION: There's an interview with me today over at Authors' Exchange. For you early birds, it won't be posted till 6 AM Eastern Standard Time.( OOPS --make that Mountain Standard -- just reread my notes.)

Dang, what's the time difference? It's past ten EST and still not up. Oh well . . . But I'd love it if you stopped by to say hi. . . when and if.

(Later) It's up! Go here.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I can so relate to that nightmare - mine comes from watching Jon Stewart right before bedtime - all those Fox news clips really freak me out!!LOL - I'll be watching for your interview - still not posted as of 9:44am CST...

Vicki Lane said...

Hi Liz-- It finally posted at 11 EST -- I had no idea there was such a time difference (Only one of many things I have no idea about!)

Yep, old Dick was right scary in my dream -- No doubt, in the heart of his family, he's a sweetie, but in my dream world --ARRGH!

Carol Murdock said...

Hey Vicki congrats on the Award!
Good Gawd! Dick Cheney dreams are a nightmare! :)

Tammy said...

Love that first picture with the light play off in the distance. I can relate to the can't sing or dance (although I certainly do the first allot...) and organized sports leave me feeling cold. ;-)
Tammy (I looked for your interview earlier...I'll hop back over there now)

NCmountainwoman said...

Yep, I'll do it!

I LOVED your interview, especially that statement about a "bunch of over-blown, quasi-literary junk with a lot of whining about my mother." Unfortunately, some writers didn't learn that and there's a lot of junk out there.

You probably already know this but you are still not a "local" after more than 30 years. I grew up in Watauga County, but here I'm still an outsider. Even growing up in another NC mountain county doesn't count.

Vicki Lane said...

Thanks, Carol!

Yep, Tammy, I just missed out on the sports gene. But it's one less thing to worry about. (I too sing a lot -- when I'm alone in the car.)

Thanks, Mountainwoman. Re local -- oh I know it well. And my younger son, who was born here -- neither is he. As the old man said, "Your cat might have her kittens in the oven but you wouldn't call em biscuits, now would you?"

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses said...

snort.

I love this saying about the kittens and the oven.

it must be something small towns have in common - this "local" thing. I do, of course, know we'll never be locals in Watauga County, NC.

Where I grew up in Maryland is exactly the same way. One of my best friends back there moved to Cambridge when we were in the 9th grade. Whenever Donald and I go home, we stay at her house. then when we go visit my Aunt Belle, she ALWAYS says "Oh, yes. You're staying with Pam. She's not a local girl, is she?" Pfftttt!

Vicki Lane said...

"WHO are her people?" was another goodie.

Amelia said...

Well, I am a little behind with your blog, so I'm catching up on the last couple of posts, and have to say that I snorted when I laughed out loud about your Dick Cheney dream...that is hysterical! You, the farm, lots of thoughts about 'home' have been on my mind heavily the last couple of days, thanks for giving me a laugh!! :)

Vicki Lane said...

Hey, Amelia,
We're looking forward to meeting our new nephew! (I won't let DC get him.)