Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Moonrise? Sunrise?


Who knows? Not I. Nor do I know who took the picture (below) that I painted from. It's from the coast of NC, where John used to keep a sailboat, so he probably took it. Or our friend Vic, who also has a boat there, and is an excellent photographer. 

I have always liked the composition and the serenity of the photo, so I tried to paint it. But it kept looking too pink and washed out. So I deepened the colors with some Pthalo Blue and set it aside. 

When I returned to it, I found some tiny paint smears in the sky. Not removeable.

Hence the addition of a bird (crow? hawk?) being harassed by some smaller fowl.




 

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That is terrific.

Barbara Rogers said...

I like the additional accidental birds. They give life to a rather serene scene. I'm stuck in alterative dribble it seems.

Sandra Parshall said...

It's beautiful. I would proudly hang this painting in my home.

Kira Roza said...

Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Pedro after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help, but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr. Pedro, Jerome promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay. I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Pedro, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, be free to contact Mr. Pedro via WhatsApp +393510140339 and his email: pedroloanss@gmail.com, thank you.