Saturday, July 20, 2024

Josie (and Otter) in Recovery


 I had my tonsils out last week and I am still recovering. That means I get ice cream and special stuff and also get to watch more videos and rest. My voice still sounds a little funny, but I am okay and will go to dinosaur camp next week. I spent some time working on the hand puppets from the kit Meema gave me.


Also last week, Otter and Domino played fighting too hard.  Otter got a deep wound on her chest and had to go to the vet twice. She has a drain tube with a thing like a balloon in her chest and we have to keep her from jumping around. She has a stretchy little jacket to hold everything where it should be but it doesn't always work and the balloon thing falls out.


She also has to wear a cone-thing to keep from scratching at the wound. She doesn't mind too much but she is pretty bored with having to stay quiet and she still wants to play with Domino so Meema and I had to spend a lot of time taking care of her.




When all the dogs were settled down for a nap, I finally had time to play with the Castle People. I used my dump truck to move them out of the cabinet to the table.


What are they doing? Meema asked me. Is the knight on the horse attacking the Fairy Queen?

No! I told her, they are all getting to know each other. You see, there are two different kingdoms because the red and green king broke them apart and put all the fairy people in one and the other people in the other. But now they are getting to know each other and there is a party with music and singing and dancing.                                                  




I went and got musical instruments and started to sing the story of what had happened and how they were all friends now.


Carmen and Elsa are the best singers in the two kingdoms and they sang very well. It was a very fine party.


Later I built towers in the kitchen.




 

5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Kids recover so quickly.

Sandra Parshall said...

I'm glad she's doing well after the surgery. I worry about those dogs.

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad all is well, except Otter having to miss playing with her pals. So the two kinds of fairy folk found a way to get along...having a party. I like that! Let's sing and dance!

Janet Morrison said...

I'm glad she's doing well.

Kira Roza said...

Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Pedro after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help, but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr. Pedro, Jerome promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay. I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Pedro, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, be free to contact Mr. Pedro via WhatsApp +393510140339 and his email: pedroloanss@gmail.com, thank you.