Saturday, September 16, 2023

Seasonal Shift

                                                                             


The Equinox (9/23) is a week away but cooler weather and a desire to spread out the work had me getting started on my seasonal rearranging yesterday. Down come the paintings of white lilies and the blue and white porcelain and up go the mountain road and the quilters, in suitably autumnal colors. And some crows.
                                                       

Away with the seashells and summer stuff in the corner cupboard. I guess I'm glad that I have only two shelves to work with since Josie's Castle People have exercised Eminent Domain on the bottom two.

Yes, those are cleaning supplies under Danielle Barlowe's beautiful Raven. (If you don't know her work, give yourself a treat and check out her website HERE.) Moving stuff around always reveals an embarrassing accumulation of dust and cobwebs to be dealt with. Another good reason for this seasonal shift.

There's still lots to do, mainly cleaning--but it can wait. 
                                                       



3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I am pretty certain that, once Sue gets back, there will be a changing here too.

Sandra Parshall said...

Our change amounts to bringing the plants in from the screened porch, where they have grown lavishly during our hot summer. Our house is the same temperature inside year-round.

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful seasonal shifting. I'm slowly noticing the laundry has the last of the summer shorts to be washed. NOooooo! I'm not ready. Well, yes I am. I love fall.