Friday, May 19, 2023

From the Woodshop


The weed pots are from a fallen apple tree. Suzie and Nancy offered John some bits of it and he was pleasantly surprised at how pretty the wood is. (Ladies, we have a weed pot set aside for you uns as a thank you.)


The bowl is from a dead ash that had been lying on the ground for some time--which probably accounts for the pretty spalting.


Most of the weed pots cracked as they dried, allowing John to have some fun with his version of kintsugi.
                                                                                  

Now that the mowing/weed eating season is upon us, there won't be as much time for the shop, alas.


For those who expressed interest in buying a piece. Only the last two are currently available. (John still has applewood to work with.) Here are some better pictures showing two sides of each. I'm calling them "Squat" and "Tall."

Squat has just sold. 

SOLD

SOLD





5 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

These are really beautiful. Thank you! Have a grand weekend! Cathy

Sandra Parshall said...

Gorgeous pieces. If I weren't in the paring down stage of life, I would surely want one of these. I still love my acorn and often hold it just to admire it.

Anvilcloud said...

Oh, I. Like that.

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautiful craftsmanship John. I understand how people have other responsibilities at different seasons of the year. I'm off to water my porch plants, the first outside ones for my summertime.

Thérèse said...

Such beautiful Squat and Tall! With bow to John.