Thursday, February 27, 2020

Puzzling


When I went to vote on Tuesday, this was what I saw on the pavement as I stepped out of the car. Interesting texture and curves . . . even more so with a filter. 


But even more interesting, I suspect, is the story behind The Case of the Abandoned Underwear.

What mad passions were at work here, in the parking lot of the county offices during early voting?

Did some emotional voter, frustrated at the choices, get his knickers in a knot, his briefs in a bunch, and abandon them here?

We'll probably never know.



4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I think it is quite likely . . . that we'll never know. :)

Barbara Rogers said...

They look pretty well used. Perhaps the holy quality let some breeze in. Or maybe it is a sign of spring coming. I'll check around our voting places to see what people drop! This morning light snow falling!

NCmountainwoman said...

Wow! You really had me fooled for a while. I had not idea why you should suddenly mention "The case of the missing underwear" and re-read the short notes in the beginning. Really very clever way to introduce the photograph. Proves once again your talents as a mystery writer. Take a pair of used underwear on the parking lot and set our minds to wondering.

Thérèse said...

So fun!
I started a collection in the section underwear including bras and I have quite a few...