Friday, October 19, 2018

In Other News



Justin is doing nifty things with rocks . . .


(In the first pic I painted out the background clutter -- kinda clumsy but I'd just discovered that tool . . .)


Two curved pieces make a charming little footbridge . . .


And, thanks to John and Justin, we have a growing stack of firewood drying in the sun . . .


Two black walnuts have been cut up and the brush cleared away -- leaving quite a bit more to go . . .


And I find that the deer have eaten the flowers off my pansies in the fairy garden and, in the process, either destroyed or uprooted many of the plants. I'd thought they wouldn't come so near the house but I was wrong.

Grrrrr. . .


3 comments:

Misty Barnes said...

Deer are beautiful and graceful and very greedy eaters. I can't plant pansies or petunias or hostas or a growing list of other beauties.

Vicki Lane said...

Yep, they got most of my hostas too, drat them!

Barbara Rogers said...

We've got other wildlife intruding into our lives...bears. They are no longer limited to nighttime but will walk right into yards at easy afternoon right in the downtown neighborhood of our lake. And there are still mamas with cubs walking by, so we know next year we'll have even more bears thinking our garbage is just to feed them! Somehow I think I'd prefer deer, but I'm sorry your pansies were their breakfast!