Friday, September 19, 2008

Growing Up Southern -- In Florida

That's the title of a post of mine that just went up at A Good Blog Is Hard To Find -- a blog where lots of Southern authors post now and again. I'm hoping you all will go over there and post a comment so I look like one of the Popular Girls -- if not quite a Cheerleader.


The first two pictures are from 1947 or 48 -- in Tampa, of course. The dark-haired beauty in the boat is my mother.



And these two would be from 1959 -- that's me and my mother again (aren't I preppy!) and the color picture below is Thanksgiving 1959 as John and I make ready for the Homecoming Game. We are both wearing wool, because it's autumn but I can assure you, the weather was probably blistering. All of this has to do with the post over on http://www.southernauthors.blogspot.com/ so do check it out!



Consider this tomorrow's post as I'm heading over to Cherokee tomorrow to watch some dancing -- of which more on Sunday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: