Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Mystery Readers Journal and Miss Birdie




Law, hit's good to see you, honey. Come on up here and git you a chair on that end of the porch. I'll set myself over here and we'll holler back and forth.

I'm doing just fine. Calven has been doing what little shopping I need and I ain't in need of much. This flu thing is hitting the old folks hard and I praise mercy I ain't in a nursing home. And it's a good thing I ain't going out for if I saw some of those folks that won't wear masks, carrying on like they do, I believe I'd take my walking stick to them.

I ain't told you my big news. I was naming to call you in a little bit but now here you are. And what do you think, you and me is going to be wrote up in a magazine. Now how about that?

That woman what wrote up all our doings, that writer-person who does those books, is writing a piece about you and me for a magazine called Mystery Readers Journal.

She said as how it's going to be a whole issue about Senior Sleuths. "What's a senior sleuth?" says I and she says it's an old person who solves mysteries.

 "Oh," says I. "Well, Lizzie Beth ain't all that senior and I ain't much of a sleuth but I reckon taking us together, you'll spin some kind of story." And then she goes on to remind me how I helped find Calven and that little girl and Calven's momma too. So I recckon I am something of a sleuth after all.

Now stop that giggling--the poor woman does the best she can. And I thought it was right good of her to make such a fuss over me and my doings. And she said as how she'd be sure to tell us when the story come out.

Me in a magazine--who'd a thought it!






7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It has been awhile now, since I got ahold of a few of these books.

Patricia Wallin (Trish) said...

Miss Birdie always makes me smile.

Barbara Rogers said...

Thank you Miss Birdie, and stenographer-in-chief, Miss Vicki. Ya'll are the greatest, it just tickles my heart!

Sandra Parshall said...

This is great, Vicki. At first I was a bit confused by the Italian sleuths cover -- Miss Birdie is Italian? Who knew? -- but that's just my current brain fog.

Vicki Lane said...

I know-- but I wanted to show the magazine. And the cover for the Senior Sleuth issue isn't available yet. (I just wrote my piece a few days ago.)

Unknown said...

Oh, I do love Miss Birdie. Keep us posted and when the article is published let us know. OK?

GPearson said...

Oh, this makes my heart smile. Thank you Vicki!