Saturday, November 28, 2015

Over-Stuffed


The Thanksgiving feast produced that over-stuffed feeling.


There were only eight of us but we had enough to feed twenty or so . . .

And after these two pictures, I put the camera down . . .


It was a lot like this cute little guy . . .


As they say around here, " I can hide me some Bloodymarysandcheesecurdsandremouladedipandlentil
hummusandcavaandturkeyanddressingandgravyandsweet
potatoesandgreenbeanswithalmondsandcauliflowerwith
harissaandcranberrygelatinsaladandbeetandcarrotand
arugulasaladandpumpkinchiffonpiewithwhippedcreamand
almondbrittleandtangerineandcranberrysorbetandcoffeeandport . . .


It was quite a feast.


7 comments:

Ms. A said...

Lots of good leftovers!

Kath said...

Love the chipmunk. Clearly he was taking leftovers home. I bet several times.

Anvilcloud said...

It looks like quite a spread.

Jime said...

I know I looked like that chipmunk after our Thanksgiving dinner. Feasty for the beasty

Barbara Rogers said...

You are a great hostess to put together such a feast! And take a couple of pictures too! Sure we feast like Chipmunks...it's so much fun and SO delicious.

NCmountainwoman said...

We feasted as well. And since there were only the two of us we are still feasting. And will do so again tomorrow evening. And when all the sides are gone, I'll make turkey tetrazzini - one to eat and one to freeze.

Frances said...

Chipmonks were the natural nemesis foes of my Dad, as he created his back garden. Your post has brought back some very sweet, some very funny memories.

I don't even try for Thanksgiving Day feasting now, but do remember how lovely the leftovers were.

xo