Saturday, November 21, 2015

Dog Heaven


Watching dogs playing is like meditation for me . . .


Dogs are so intensely in the moment . . .


And they  can dart up and down the slopes like nobody's business -- last time I tried something like that was sixty-some years ago at Camp Junaluska and I twisted my ankle rather badly.

Bob can't help but look graceful . . .


Layla is a little envious . . .


And she wonders just what it is he's found . . .


Okay, that does it. She's going to have to see about this.


And off she goes.


 "What's all this then?"

Bob's not talking.

Just another day in Dog Heaven.


9 comments:

Ms. A said...

I miss mine so much.

Thérèse said...

I slip into Ms. A's comment.

Kath said...

It is the best! Rufus' favorite walks are when we run into neighbors and he gets to run and run with their dogs (we walk in fields across the street.) A border collie was running our fox hound in circles until Rufus decided to slow and meet Maggie on her next circuit back! Smart dude.

Anvilcloud said...

They do have a life that we can't share.

Jime said...

Doggone I would like to be a friendly dog for just a day

jennyfreckles said...

Your homestead looks like heaven, full stop. Not just dog heaven.

L. D. said...

I really enjoyed seeing all this dog energy in action. They all look like such nice dogs. They are lucky to have you as an owner and that they have so many friends to live with in life.

NCmountainwoman said...

It truly is a heavenly experience to watch the dogs outside. So happy to see Layla fitting in so well.

Frances said...

I do like the looks of this view of dog heaven. Please give both Bob and Layla some scratches behind their ears from me.

xo