Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Five Star Keeper

                                                                          


A few weeks ago, John sent me a recipe for stuffed Portbello mushrooms. I finally remembered to purchase some large enough for stuffing. But I'd lost the recipe.

The recipe I ended up with is HERE. As usual, I adapted it to suit what I had on hand. Minced onion instead of shallots,   frozen spinach instead of fresh, a quick homemade tomato sauce, and herbed English cheddar instead of goat cheese. (Goat cheese would be fantastic in this recipe but J can't abide it.) And I served it on a bed of orecchiette pasta.

The key ingredient, in my opinion, is the panko crumbs which have been sauteed in butter with minced garlic. I could eat them by the spoonful.

It's not a difficult recipe--but there are lots of pots involved.  It comes together nicely though.

John proclaimed it a five star keeper. It was pretty delicious.





3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I don't send Sue recipes, and I wouldn't very this one myself. But good for you, and very good for John. And is there anyone named John who is not at least 60 years old?

Barbara Rogers said...

How yummy that looks. I'm not going to do all that prep for just myself. But for a great bunch of friends perhaps. Especially the vegetarians, but alas, not the vegans. Whew, life can be more difficult these days.

Sandra Parshall said...

I could eat this, but in my current state of health I couldn't cook it. Too many pots for me. 😄