Monday, June 19, 2023

Josie Went to Nature Camp


I love this sign because I love this place! I was at day camp all last week and learned new stuff and made new friends. We played in the forest and did things with Water and Fire and Earth. (Earth was my favorite. Water was not.)


Camp did not start till 9 so every morning I came up before 8 and Meema made pancakes and then took me to camp. It is not very far away. I had a backpack with my lunch and water and a change of clothes and some other stuff.


Even the teachers had backpacks because it in not like regular school where you put your stuff in a cubby and stay in a classroom. At nature camp, we went All Over the place--even in the garden where we harvested some broccoli and kale.


This is the big barn where we met in the morning. There are picnic tables for having lunch.


Meema could only take pictures from her car when she dropped me off or picked me up. She could not get out because there were a lot of cars lined up. And she had to leave as soon as I got out or got in.  Oh, well, she said. 

Those are some of the cars in line.


Here is another place where kids can meet.

And this is the clay pot I made on Earth day. I think it is very good.



Camp was over every day at 3 and Meema picked me up. We went and got ice cream cones on the first day and the last. Then we came home and played the Ladybug game. I won every time but one. Then we read library books. Meema and I take turns reading. We are reading about Snail and Worm, two funny friends and we do their voices. Snail has a little high voice but Worm does not. My favorite story is when Snail finds a penny and thinks it is a mirror! He thinks he looks like Abraham Lincoln!

We also did a game with some cards where you have to find out things like how many cents do you have if you have a dime and a quarter and a nickel and two pennies. (42 is the answer.) Sometimes I count on my fingers.


And of course I did some painting. I got this idea from a kid at camp.


Can you guess what it is? First I painted two slanty red eyes and then I made a black circle all around.

Have you guessed?

It is a scary monster in a dark cave!


 

2 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

I'm so glad something like this is available to Josie and the other kids there. They live in such a beautiful place and should explore and learn about everything in it.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yay Josie! Making more friends, doing lots of outdoor activities! That's what summer camp is all about! Wow, she can add all those pennies? I had to laugh at the penny being a mirror and a Lincoln Snail! Good story, and your reading with voices must have made it even better!