Thursday, June 29, 2023

Josie--In Her Own Words


The past two times Josie has stayed with me, she has produced what I call documents. Not my idea, she just set in to writing, calling out for help with spelling now and then.  I love that this is something she does on her own initiative and for fun. 

MY NAME IS JOSIE. I LIVE ON A FARM WITH MY MOM AND DAD AND A DOG. SHE IS CALLED OTTER. SHE IS CUTE. I LOVE HER. MY HOUSE IS BLUE AND IT IS NOT QUITE DONE YET.


WE HAVE COWS. TWO OF THEM ARE CALLED PENNY AND CHOCOLATE. MY FAVORITE COLOR IS PINK AND RAINBOW. 


MY FAVORITE THINGS ARE PLAYING WITH TOYS AND HELPING.


Thus endeth the first document, except for a note on the back AND MORE. 

John said the document sounds like the author's bio for her first book.


Two days later, she produced another document--again, not my idea but I helped with the spelling. (She confided that she was a little nervous about first grade because they would expect her to spell things like washing machine.)


I AM JOSIE. I LIVE IN A BLUE HOUSE. IT IS NOT DONE YET. I AM GOING TO THE DOCTOR LATER AT FOUR O'CLOCK. I AM NOT EXCITED. THE DOCTOR'S NAME IS DOCTOR TEMPLETON. THERE IS A NURSE. THIS IS MY YEARLY CHECKUP. I AM NOT SICK BUT I THINK I MIGHT BE GETTING A COLD BUT I WILL SEE.


 

5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Love the original cut and paste too!

Sandra Parshall said...

Another writer in the making. She has your genes for sure!

Anvilcloud said...

She could become a blogger. I wonder if bogs will still exist in 20 years time.

Anonymous said...

Lovely writing!

katy gilmore said...

I’m not sure why it is so very hard to post a comment ( maybe Josie will understand that) but I really enjoyed reading her documents!