Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Josie is Back from the Beach


I have been at the beach with Grandma and Apa! I learned how to ride a Boogie Board and how to body surf! And I went far out in the ocean all by myself!! It was a Very fun time but now I am home.

I stayed with Meema and Grumpy yesterday. Of course I had to check on all my stuff. In The Room, the babies had been running wild and Margot was hiding behind a curtain. Also there was some new stuff on my shelves, like this crystal necklace.


I took Bailey for  walk. Bob came too. I am wearing my unicorn ears and horn that Sandy sent me.  Meema and I took turns wearing them.


Do you have to pull out Everything? asked Meema when I got the blocks out of the closet. Yes, I do, I said.


I did a bunch of art.

                            This is a picture of Bailey.


Meema showed me how to do this kind of art. It is called Crayon Resist and you make a picture with crayons and then paint over it with watercolors.


I made flowers and butterflies and a bird and the sun. They all showed up through the blue watercolor!


Meanwhile the Castle People were having a concert starring Carmen and Elsa and Sunflower who are all very good singers.



Then we played with paper dolls. I was having a fashion show and videoing it on Meema's phone. It was Meema's job to keep cutting out more clothes for the show.  She got fussy and said I had to learn to use my scissors the right way. (She has been saying that Forever!) She says I hold my scissors upside down but that's the way I do it.  



Anyway, Meema got all fussy and said that I would have to cut some paper holding the scissors the right way before she would cut out another outfit. So I did--I cut a strip of paper in two and she cut out a little skirt. Now cut out this cute blouse, I told her, but she drew a square on a piece of paper and told me to try cutting that out. It was harder but I did it.

So we went on and on with her making easy things for me to cut out and her cutting out outfits. 


Sometimes she would fold the paper and when I cut on the lines then opened it up, it was a heart! She wrote stuff on them like TOO HARD and IMPOSSIBLE but when I did it, she put NOT in front of the words.


And then she tricked me! She folded a paper two times so there were four layers and she cut it in a circle. She drew lines and triangles on it and told me to cut on the lines. It is hard cutting through four layers but I did it and when I finished and unfolded it, it was a snowflake!


Now my paper dolls have lots more outfits cut out but there are still more to go. (There were 76 in the book.) Meema said her fingers were tired, but we would do more the next time. I will probably do more cutting too--it's actually fun but don't tell Meema.

When the Castle People concert was over, things were in a Big Mess. Meema said that's how you can tell everyone had a good time.

And when it was almost time for me to go home, the house was another Big Mess, but I put things away like I'm supposed to do. The Castle People haven't learned that lesson yet.



 

8 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

It's great to do paper dolls and their outfits! Did you have the little tabs on their shoulders to fold over sot the clothes stayed on? Geese, it's been a century since I did that! So smart to include clean-up with play. Nobody leaves till it's done!

Sandra Parshall said...

Busy day for both of you! I love seeing her with the unicorn ears and horn!

jennyfreckles said...

Well, Josie is certainly living her best life. Not sure about Meemaw - but she keeps you on your toes.

Ida said...

OK, let's see those unicorn ears and horn on you, Ms Lane.

GPearson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GPearson said...

Looks like the Castle People had a bit too much mead and ale. (-:
I would love to see you wearing the Unicorn ears and horn. (-;

Vicki Lane said...

I look great in the horn and ears. Trust me.

MarthaV said...

She just gets cuter & cuter!