Monday, September 23, 2019

Autumnal Equinox


The seasons turn and the sun heads South . . .

I'm sorry to see the approaching end of fresh local peaches and tomatoes as well as my little porch garden.  But the heat and the current drought make me yearn for wet fall days. And a hard frost that will kill the little gnats that are spreading the disease that has killed so many deer and filled our holler with the smell of death.


In spite of the heat, my thoughts are turning to soups and stews, roasted root vegetables, flannel shirts, and chilly nights by the fireplace.

To everything there is a season . . .


4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Happy Autumn

Barbara Rogers said...

Happy equinox...may the balance of everything come to the next place of movement easily.

Sandra Parshall said...

Still in the upper 80s and low 90s here in the DC area. And we haven’t had more than a few sprinkles of rain in our yard in almost two months.

NCmountainwoman said...

And I am particularly pleased to see yet another autumn. I have to wear a jacket on the deck when I have my morning coffee now. But we are getting some lovely migrating birds. Like you, I will miss the summer tomatoes and squash and corn but love the winter root vegetables as well. I'm with you...bring on those wonderful soups and stews and slow cooker meals.