Saturday, July 4, 2015

We Hold These Truths



We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men* are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

*(Of course the authors of the Declaration of Independence didn't actually mean people of color or women of any color. But we've gotten beyond that, haven't we? I'd like to think so.)

May the promise of the United States of America hold true -- for all of us. . .


6 comments:

Ms. A said...

Happy 4th!

Barbara Rogers said...

It's a nice thought!

Anvilcloud said...

Happy Fourth!

I am so dumb that I never realized you are an author. I have only recently heard of Vicki Lane mysteries in passing and have since wondered about the connection. Like I said -- dumb. Must read me some soon.

Vicki Lane said...

That's me!

Jime said...

I hope so to Vicki. Have a peaceful 4th

katy gilmore said...

Happy Fourth Vicki! - imagining a terrific family picnic for you!