Friday, December 13, 2019

Oh, Joy!


My good camera -- the Nikon D5300 -- has been at the camera repair shop shop since before Thanksgiving, waiting on a part for a broken thingamajig inside the lens.  I was delighted finally to be reunited with it yesterday and immediately started taking pictures right there in the parking lot. Which just happens to have a clear view of the iconic Mt. Pisgah and The Rat. 


I've made do with the little Sony but it's limited. It couldn't have caught the magical shimmer of this little beech glowing amid the dark bare trunks.


Or the sun and shadow on these rooftops.


It could surely have done justice to this pink mailbox that always makes me smile when I pass it, but yesterday was the first time I had had a clear road to stop on the perilous curve where it's perched.


Shapes and snow and shadows . . .


And despite my bitching and moaning about the deer that eat my garden, after the epidemic that killed so many this past summer, I was tickled to see not just one in our pasture . . .

 but two more!



One little orphan has been hanging around for months now and I've felt so sorry to see it lonely. Now, at least, it seems to have some friends. 

And I'll probably be bitching and moaning about what they're doing to my shrubbery all winter long.

Still, I'm glad to see them.

4 comments:

Thérèse said...

What a happy post, like a rainbow! I love the mail box.

Anvilcloud said...

Re-united

Barbara Rogers said...

So glad you've got your camera back...a tool which pleases you, and beautiful photos which please me. It's great you captured the deer too! Great depth of field for focus on a branch and a deer that was many yards away!

Juliet said...

What exquisite photos Vicki. I can see why you are so glad to have your camera back.