Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Josie's Story


Yesterday Meema and I were reading books in the living room when there was a loud knock on the door.

'Who could it be?' Meema said. 

So we went to see who it was and when we opened the door, what do you think was there? 



A baby in a green basket!


I carried her inside and took her out of her basket


She is very young.  There was a note in the basket.


It was from Santa and it said the baby wanted her mommy NOW!


Meema said that the baby probably got fussy, waiting for Christmas Eve, so Santa made a special trip to bring her to me right away because she was crying.


Her name is Merry Christmas. I call her Merry or Baby or Babe.She is not crying now.


I give her her bottle. And I show her how to dance.


She is glad I am her mommy. 

I love her.


Note from Vicki --And now I'm trying to be my grandmother. (See THIS POST.)
I

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I once had a student named Merry Christmas. Seriously.

I think that was about the same time that I had students named Penny Coyne and Penny Nickle.

I don't think any were in the same class.

That was early in my career, and I can't recall any such names in subsequent decades.

Vicki Lane said...

There was a music student named Justin Tune at a college near us.

Sandra Parshall said...

This is wonderful. ❤️❤️

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks for an early preseent, a lovely little babe in a basket. Good to have Josie writing her own words too!

Thérèse said...

The true Magic of Christmas!

NCmountainwoman said...

What a sweet thing for Santa to do. I"m sure Josie will have hours of fun with her new baby as she waits for Christmas.

GPearson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GPearson said...

Perfect! I too, believe in magic.

Tara said...

such a sweet Christmas blessing...adorable little child (now mommy). I also read your post from 2017 and that story delighted me! It cracked me up that your grandmother still pretended not to know!

My grandchildren are 8 and 3, and so this Christmas is extra special for me as well. Seeing it through a child's eyes brings back all the magic.

Nan Emanuel said...

How wonderfully magical. You are a stellar Meemaw, and I will aspire to rise to your example when I am blessed with a grandchild one day. Neither son is even married, so my wait might be a long one!