Sunday, April 22, 2018

Here We Go Again!


Despite a not-so-good garden last year (deer, bunnies, blight, and bugs,) I found myself at it again yesterday, setting out parsley and thyme, kale and collards and broccoli.


I was rewarded by the sight of asparagus spears thrusting their defiant spears into the air. 


The three empty box beds will be for summer squash, beans, and peppers and the lower tiers for tomatoes, corn, and winter squash -- but I won't plant those till mid-May.


It feels life-affirming to plant things -- even if it leaves me creaky at the end of the day.  We've been tending this garden for over forty years now -- and how thankful I am to be at it again!

Addendum: And I just realized it's Earth Day -- how appropriate!


5 comments:

Thérèse said...

Earth Day finds all its meaning here on your property! Life is beautiful!

Barbara Rogers said...

Enjoy the fruits of your labors...I love how asparagus returns...looking like a dinosaur.

Anvilcloud said...

Way to persevere .

Unknown said...

Everything sound so good. I think gardening, watching Josie and writing keeps you wonderfully fit Vicki. No time for creaky bones to settle. xx

Jime said...

Yes indeed spring has sprung and you are the proof.