Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Procedure


I'm booked for a routine colonoscopy tomorrow. No big deal -- I've done this before. And having lost several friends to colon cancer, I don't even hesitate. I just lay in a supply of broth and jello and clear liquids for today . . .


. . . and resign myself to the inevitable after I consume the prescribed Colyte -- as the cheery brochure says, " It is not uncommon to frequent the toilet dozens (dozens!) of times during the prep.

Just think of it as spring cleaning.


6 comments:

KarenB said...

I hope it all goes well! For my colonoscopy broth (that sounds odd, doesn't it?) I simmer my chicken broth with garlic, scallions, ginger, a little soy sauce and hot pepper and perhaps a drop or two of sesame oil and then strain thru cheesecloth. The flavors make it much more satisfying as a meal.

Anvilcloud said...

Never been asked to do that although I am asked to do fecal occult tests yearly.

Vicki Lane said...

Karen - that sounds like a great idea! Will do.

Barbara Rogers said...

Here's a ROFL for sure, rolling on the floor laughing! Your image is so profound. May your procedure go well. I've done it a few times, and it's a good thing, in the end. Ahem.

Unknown said...

My dad died at 44 from colon cancer. Got the lynch gene testing done last year. Don't have the gene, but still have to the test every 5 years since 35. It saves lives. Thanks for sharing and reminding people that it's there!

Stella Jones said...

I hope it went well for you Vicki. You've had quite a time of it lately! I trust that's the last indignity you will have to suffer this year.