Sunday, March 5, 2017

In the Land of Hypnopompia

Floating between sleep and morning light, rapt in a hypnopompic trance, I am half-consciously determining to step from night to day. As  I roll over, about to open my eyes and sit up,  I catch a glimpse of a door – half-open or half shut? – with people beyond it.

 And I have the instant conviction that I am seeing another life, one that I had been in the midst of and from which I had chosen, perhaps a bit unwillingly, to return. Another world, complete with past and future. 

And life there was nothing but sweet.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Is this a quote from a story or just recording a moment you had? Or a beginning of a new story? Whichever, the writing was so absorbing. I wanted it to go on and on.

Vicki Lane said...

Just recording a moment -- I'd like it to go on too. Perhaps it could begin a story.

Darla said...

Exquisite!

Frances said...

These words could definitely begin a story.

Thank you, Vicki, for letting us sample this vision. xo

Jime said...

I like it. I have trails in my waking up time. Trails that wonder around my dreams. Oh hell I think I have them anyway. As the song goes HAPPY TRAILS