Monday, March 27, 2017

Oh Baby!


A baby shower at Claui's parents' house yesterday showed off the cooking/decorating talents of her friends as well as of her folks. (Alas, the focus was off on my camera and I didn't notice till near the end.)


Things are looking serious now . . . due date is May 13 . . .



Amazing food . . .


Lots of gifts -- and children's books . . ..

 I made some bibs  . . . and got the baby a pretty nifty pair of Carhart overalls . . . size nine months. 




The baby's name was made public -- Josephine Claire Skemp 


. . . to be called Josie . . .





Young Penelope (3 years old) gave us a taste of the cuteness in store . . .


And the attitude.


8 comments:

jennyfreckles said...

Cute bibs. It's such a pleasure doing these small things to welcome a new baby and support the parents. How excited everyone must be.

Barbara Rogers said...

Best bibs ever! Josie is going to be a lucky girl and completely spoiled I'm sure. Good to see baby showers still have a gathering of friends and family in anticipation of the blessed event!

Darla said...

Marvelous! Love the embroidery. Once you start babysitting, how will you ever find the time to write?! LOL

katy gilmore said...

Oh I just love the thought of this celebration! Wonderful name - you'll have such fun - and so will she!

Bernie said...

A baby well loved makes my heart smile, so happy for all of you. xx

Carol Crump Bryner said...

You have good times ahead, Vicki. Grandchildren are the best! I love your bibs, and I love her name.

Stella Jones said...

It's getting close now. I'm sharing your excitement!

NCmountainwoman said...

Such wonderful news in such stressful times. Here's hoping Josie arrives safe and sound. Love the bibs. You can never have too many of them if I remember correctly.