Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hendersonville for Beginners

Last Saturday I visited the charming The Fountainhead Bookstore in Hendersonville, NC and had the pleasure of meeting some lovely readers including, to my surprise, a lady who had a copy of the French translation of Art's Blood (Le Secret des Appalaches.) Her mother in Belgium had bought it and given it to her.

Later I took a few pictures around the town and found myself, as always, thinking of Merisi's  Vienna for Beginners.

Domes and spires and people scurrying here and there...
We can't compete with Vienna in terms of architecture or fashion, I'm afraid, but our Carolina blue skies are second to none.
Posted by Picasa


15 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Thank you for this beginners guide to Hendersonville. One of the things I am enjoying the most is learning about other people and where they live.

Martin said...

Nice shots, Vicki. I love the spire/fir tree.

Brian Miller said...

nice hendersonville is a cool place...neat on the french translation as well...

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

We do have pretty blue skies in North Carolina don't we. Hendersonville is one of our favorites.
Sam

Kath said...

It is always a treat to see the world through your eyes!

BB said...

Those blue skies are what convinced me to move to SC. Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina!!!

Suz said...

Oh my that photo of the spire and tree...is pure writing

Darla said...

Love the overlay of tree upon spire...gorgeous!

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses said...

Lovely!!!

Hendersonville is one of our favorite spots.

NCmountainwoman said...

Amen, sister!

JJM said...

I'm right fond of Hendersonville, myself -- it was in a book store right on Main Street where, having finished the book I was reading unexpectedly early, I chanced a few years back onto a new book by a (to me) unknown author ... a mystery called Signs in the Blood. Ever heard of it? I recommend it highly ... [laughter]
--Mario

Merisi said...

Thank you, Vicki, you make me blush!! :-)

You capture beautiful Hendersonville so well!
The lady in sleeveless finery would need a sweater here. ;-)

Folkways Note Book said...

Looks like the weather was beautiful -- nice shots -- barbara

Victoria said...

I love the photo of the tree and the spire, and the sky is such a pretty blue.

Vicki Lane said...

So many pretty towns and cities --

Mario -- so we met in Hendersonville! Too cool!