Monday, May 26, 2008

A Peaceful State of Mind

There could be no more perfect place to hold a writers' retreat than Lake Logan.

As in the Navaho prayer -"Beauty before me; Beauty behind me; Beauty above me; Beauty below me; Beauty all around me," the surroundings wrapped us in Nature's peaceful splendor.



Mountains, woods, sky, and water calmed crowded minds, emptying them of distraction, freeing us to create.

By the end of the weekend, I felt that my eyes, like the boathouse windows, were full of the serenity of the place.


Here are some more pictures
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so much beauty to absorb...it will surely come out in your writing!thanks for sharing.

Vicki Lane said...

From your mouth to God's ears!

Mayland Writers' Group said...

Wasn't it such a wonderful weekend in such a beautiful place. Even before the workshops, the setting inspired much creativity.

Thank you for your time, patience and help. I learned a lot and look forward to using what I learned as I write.

-Susan M. Bell-

Vicki Lane said...

Write on, Susan, write on!