Saturday, January 5, 2019

Busy as a Beaver


Not chewing down trees, mind you, but beginning to address the various steps I need to take to get the Birdie book and the Civil War novel into print.


I've a growing list of small presses to query and my next step is to put together a query letter, a bio, and a marketing plan.  Whew!

I've also read a book on self publishing that makes me believe I can manage it for the Birdie book. And I've begun looking over the Birdie stories to see what in order they would be best presented. I also suspect I should write a few more to round out the collection.

Getting my ducks in a row. Onward!

And, speaking of wildlife, these pictures are from an abandoned homestead near us where actual beavers have evidently been at work.  That, or the world's most inept logger. Beavers are nocturnal, according to Mr. Google, so I don't hold out any hope of seeing one.


7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Good luck on this project. Sharpen your pen while the beavers work on dulling their teeth. Apparently, they have to chew to keep their teeth in check.

Bernie said...

wow! Busy Beavers for sure. Something tells me not only will you prepare well for this project but you will win. xx

Barbara Rogers said...

Such good news, hearing that you're moving into production again...a bit different to do for you. Time for changes. Have a great sunny day!

GPearson said...

The trees will fall according to plan - for the beavers and for you! Keep chewing. 😊

Misty Barnes said...

Beavers are nocturnal, but you can spot them dusk/dawn swimming around. You must be very still and very quiet. They are very graceful swimmers, until they spot you then with a loud splat of their tail they are gone.

Anonymous said...

What a good beginning of the year project! Is this going to be an e-book or one on paper?

I know I will definitely buy one!

Deana the Queena

Vicki Lane said...

Not sure yet, Deana. Definitely an ebook and potentially both.