Sunday, March 17, 2024

Beeing There

 


The beautiful weather lured me out to do a little preliminary cleanup--cutting back dead stalks and stems of lemon balm, sedum, daylilies, and iris. Unfortunately, I can't do this for very long before my back begins to complain. So, I took a seat on a low rock wall and enjoyed the blaze of pinky-coral of the flowering quince. 



Soon I noticed that honeybees were at work. (Hoorah!) I tried to capture them, but, as I didn't have a tripod, the results are 
not very good. 

But still--bees! Such a welcome sight.


Then there was the matter of getting up from that low stone wall . . .

I don't mind being old--the number doesn't scare me. But I really dislike the physical limitations. 

Though I had to laugh at myself and my contortions--trying to stand without risking pitching over onto the stone path and landing on my pathetic knee.

It took about five minutes, but I managed.

Small victories.



 

3 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

Small victories that feel like huge achievements. I certainly understand. Take care.

Anvilcloud said...

We never thought that this would happen to us. My senior years are not what I had pictured.

JJM said...

In my mind, I'm not so old. But, alas, my body disagrees ... You have my full sympathy, Vicki.