Friday, October 27, 2023

Painting Day



My friend Louise came over again for a day of painting. I worked on Pink Plemmon's little store--I took a picture of it many years ago and always meant to get around to it.  Trying to be more sparing and impressionistic with my color but can't do without the ink lines . . .

I also started doing little sketches of some of those dresses I've been remembering. These below are from the Sixties and Seventies--back when I made a lot of my own dresses.

As we chatted, Louise revealed that in her San Francisco days, she has owned an embroidered, sheepskin Afghan vest (a garment I lusted after back in the late Sixties) as well as a pair of Frye boots (a big deal at the time.) I'm encouraging her to paint her memory of them.

I know when I was young, I sketched a lot of dresses. (But even more horses.) Unfortunately, my drawing skills haven't improved. But it's harmless fun and keeps me off the streets.

                                                                                      


3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Good work on the garage along with a good time with a friend.

Marcia said...

I attended pointilism class on Sunday. We used dots to make our paintings on rocks. It was fun and I'll try in on my own sometime soon. No photo of it yet as instructor took them home to seal them.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oooh, so love the little store! Glad the pen and ink with minimal water color suits you. Keep up the fun!