Saturday, October 21, 2023

Josie Didn't Expect This!


When the bell rang for school to be out, it was hailing! I didn't expect that! I caught some in my hand and Meema took a picture of it on her car. (The hail I caught melted right away.)

When I got in the car, Meema gave me my new copy of Ranger Rick. On the way home, I read some of it all by myself.


When we got home, I immediately went to work on a new jigsaw puzzle with a princess and a unicorn. Meema did some but I did most. I am good at jigsaw puzzles.

When the puzzle was all together except one piece that we couldn't find, some of the Castle People had a meeting with Hildegarde and Gertrudis. The two new ones want to help fight the bad guys.


We did some reading and then it was time for crafts. I had an idea, and we got a basket and went outside to collect some leaves.


They were pretty wet but I got some anyway.


The maple leaves are the prettiest.  By the way, I am wearing one pink Croc and one sparkly Croc. It is not a mistake; it is fashion.

Back inside. I have a nice piece of white cardboard to make my leaf picture on.


Elmer's glue works better than the glue stick. 

I made a fairy named Josie. She has wings and a wand (Meema cut out the star for me.) I cut up little pieces of the leaves' stems to make her feet and her fingers. (Her arms are kind of long.) She has a flower in her hair. Her eyes messed up a little because the marker didn't work so good on the leaf, but I think she still looks pretty good.

I think we will do more crafts next time.


 

3 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

Josie the fairy looks wonderful! What a creative way to use the fallen leaves.

Barbara Rogers said...

A very cool Josie fairy that is. Wow to the hail...guess the kids ran to cars pretty quickly!

Anvilcloud said...

All of this is after school. Well done.