Friday, October 20, 2023

Along the Way


A quick trip out to get my flu shot and a haircut--the wild reflection in the morning mirror was beginning to startle me.

Driving on a clear fall day, with the leaves nearing peak color, is pretty much a religious experience for me.

Lots of yellows and golds but not a lot of red. Sometimes it comes on quite late.                                                  



Driving under these back-lit yellow leaves almost takes my breath away.


As I've said before, it's all the sweeter for being such a fleeting time.


Not unlike old age.




 

3 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

How beautiful! And you captured that shine through the leaves well...I have trouble doing that!

Anvilcloud said...

They look good. I don't think I've seen as much red this year, but I haven't been going around as much either.

Sandra Parshall said...

We're seeing some color here now. Our Japanese maple, along with many others in the neighborhood, has turned a deep purple, and soon the leaves will be a bright red before dropping. I don't know of any other tree that has two complete color changes in fall -- and in spring! Our enormous Chinese dawn redwood holds onto its needles very late, but eventually it will be a bright orange and the tiny cones will rain down on the yard. The cones are nuisance because they contain seeds and we get redwood sprouts in the garden, but the fine needles enrich the soil.