Sunday, July 16, 2023

Too Hot


Actually, not so much hot as heavy, oppressive air. I am finding it hard to do much of anything other than drink iced tea and read. (Re-read, that is, John Fowles's The Magus, a haunting novel.


The laundry gets done, as do meals (shrimp salad tonight.) I wave a languid dust rag occasionally and vacuum when the dog hair is tumbleweeding across the floor.  Water the plants; feed the dogs and kittehs. 

Every chore needs to be followed by a rest spell. Night time is much cooler, thank goodness, though I generally shower and wet my hair before turning in.

No, we don't have AC. 

This heat, this too, shall pass.


 

2 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautiful flowers. I'm reminded of how I hunt for shade in these days, maybe not darting from tree to tree, but I certainly avoid walking a straight line! Well, a little more than usual. Sorry that you have no ac...but I know your nights must be cooler up in the mountains than many valley people.

Marcia said...

No AC here either in this old house. Most nights are fine because we can pull the cooler air inside with the window fan. Last night it was humid so not as comfortable sleeping. Today more rain, 100% humidity which still feels uncomfortable even though temperatures are lower.