Tuesday, July 18, 2023

More Treasure for the Castle People




My Castle People have golden treasure. (It is really painted oyster shells.) They have had six FOREVER because JoEllen who is my Uncle Drew Walton's mama sent them to us back when I was just a baby. I always loved playing with the shells and pretending they were dishes, but when I got the Castle People, the shells became their treasure. Last week, JoEllen sent me a whole bunch more!


Meema helped me write a thank you to JoEllen and I decided to draw a picture of the Castle People and their new treasure. I painted the shells a gold color and added some sparkly gold. 


I did pictures of some of my favorites. That is Carmen in the middle. 


 

3 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

That's quite a collection of drawing tools. I've always enjoyed reading about her fondness for her castle people and the lives she's created for them. I love her imagination.

Thérèse said...

Such a treasure! For years to come. I heard that roofs are painted with paint containing crushed oysters'shells and gives protection against the heat.

Barbara Rogers said...

wonderful treasures...and I love the thank you note and the drawings - all just fabulous!!