Monday, September 24, 2018

And It Was All Downhill the Rest of the Day . . .


The morning began well but then the cold I've been fighting off blossomed into full, streaming glory.  As I write this Sunday evening, I'm sipping rum and lemon and considering whether I can make it through supper and an episode of VERA (which we are really enjoying) or if I should just go to bed.


I'll be fine -- this, too, shall pass.


I like to believe that there's some good reason for colds -- that they make us stronger in some weird way. Some people say an occasional cold is nature's way of ridding the body of toxins. If that's so, the handkerchiefs I've been using should probably be exorcized, as well as washed.

But it's annoying, just when I was feeling that equinoctial energy flowing, to have it be my nose instead.



9 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Colds can be miserable. I'm not sure when I last had one though. Enjoy Vera. I am wishing for new episodes. Then consider Shetland by the same author if you haven't already.

Vicki Lane said...

Thanks for the recommendation. We've been wondering where to go next.

Barbara Rogers said...

Hope you feel better soon. I've discovered a new tea, which helps my lungs, but might also be good for colds. Cut fresh ginger in slices and steep a while in boiling water, then add honey and juice of 1/2 lemon for a mug full. It is soothing and tasty.

NCmountainwoman said...

So sorry about the rotten cold. My husband has one and (of course) those "man colds" are far worse. I also loved Vera but you might miss some of the nuances if you're feeling bad. The Father Brown series (with Mark Williams) is a good no-brainer and might fit better when you can't follow well. I enjoyed Grantchester and the Dr. Blake mysteries. I tried to watch Shetland but didn't care for it. My daughter told me I gave up too soon and that it got much better as the series progressed. If you want to return to 2010 politics and a great cast with good storyline, watch The Newsroom, written and produced by Aaron Sorkin (West Wing). Hope the cold doesn't linger.

Sandra Parshall said...

The common cold is the pits. Take good care of yourself so it doesn’t turn into bronchitis. Hope,younfeel better soon.

Barbee' said...

Your photo second to last: I left clicked on it to enlarge, and it was glorious!

Jime said...

Do hope you feel better. I second SHETLAND. Good mysteries with great characters. Where do you find VERA?

Vicki Lane said...

Jim, we get VERA from Acorn TV. BritBox has the later episodes but not the earliest ones.

Soksophoan said...

i like so much...Thanks for sharing the good information!
เว็บ พนัน