Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Intimations of Spring


We have two more new calfies -- Jersey/Devon crosses. Rose (above) was born on Valentines's Day and Gilda (below) a week later.

Any guesses as to why, having named Rose, Justin chose the name Gilda? (Hint: It's a literary allusion, of sorts.)


Sunday and Monday were glorious -- warm and with such a feel of Spring. I found myself pulling a few weeds -- but the ground is so wet that it's not easy.


And I took my car to the car wash-- not the drive through kind but our local do-it-yourself kind. It feels so good -- vacuuming away the bits of dried mud from the floor and spraying, soaping, and rinsing away the salt and dirt from the outside.


If only I could renew the rest of my life so easily... everywhere I look I see windows in need of washing, walls in need of painting, a garden waiting to be taken in hand and readied for planting . . .


Meanwhile, young bass are swimming in flotillas down at the pond while Layla and Bob enjoy a perfect day.


6 comments:

Ms. A said...

Adorable! My oldest son is now living on a ranch with cattle and the last time I talked to him they were expecting numerous calves.

KarenB said...

All I'm getting is Gildna Radnor doing "my name is Rosanadana!" I still miss her comedy.

Barbara Rogers said...

Shakespeare was such a genius...and now he's named a couple of darling calves. Spring is getting ready to be sprung...boing boing boing...but will be returning some more chilly weather first I think.

Jime said...

All I can think of is "how now brown cow(s)". And maybe this summer you can get a fishing pole a lawn chair and a glass of wine and catch your supper.

Vicki Lane said...

Well done , Barb! Two obscure-ish characters from Hamlet were the inspiration.

Stella Jones said...

Wonderful pictures of Spring coming Vicki. Like you I tried extricating the weeds but the ground was wet and full of clay and would not yield up its greenery!