Saturday, December 26, 2015

Eight Years




Eight years ago I dipped a cautious toe into the world of blogging with  THIS  FIRST POST  I'm kinda amazed to find myself still at it . . .but there are always pictures to take of the beautiful world and it's nice to have a place to put down my sometime very random thoughts and experiences. It is, indeed, a web log of my life -- holidays and turning seasons, autumn leaves, snow and ice, flowers blooming, corn ripening, time to dig the potatoes . . . 

Books I've read, meals I've cooked, places I've been . . . all here, along with thoughts on writing, politics, and life (not Life.) Plus the silly stuff.

And the critters -- Eddie and Miss Susie Hutchins, Maggie, Bear, William, Molly, Jack and Dan . . . gone now but remembered in the blog. . .


I could go on . . . but I'm writing this on Christmas night after a rather full (in every sense) day and, like Layla in the picture below, I'm plumb wore out.  (But, I hasten to add, in a more lady-like sort of a way.)

Thanks to all of you who read my daily maunderings and even more thanks to those of you who comment whether on the blog or on Facebook. Some of you I feel I know quite well and I treasure these virtual friendships.

And I'm not tired of blogging yet.


,



12 comments:

katy gilmore said...

And that's a good thing! Blog on dear Vicki! Please.

jennyfreckles said...

Always a delight to visit you, Vicki.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Congratulations on 8 years. I'm thrilled that you plan to continue and I look forward to reading what's going on in your life.
Sam

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm missing the many comments which your blog used to have...but guess they have moved over to FB to comment. Less private makes me somewhat less comfortable. Though I guess they just stay here forever on the web wherever they are.

Vicki Lane said...

Some have moved to FB - but only a few. I suspect that the proliferation of blogs (and the busyness of life) means that fewer people take the time to comment. I know I don't comment as often as I used to.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I don't comment as often as I used to, but I read every post you write, Vicki! I follow just two blogs now, and the other one only every so often.

Deana the Queena

Jime said...

I really appreciate your blog for the memories it brings and for the stories you tell. Your political and religious view points are the same as mine so it reinforces my beliefs. Your photographs are a pictorial story of your beautiful surroundings. Thank You.

Carol Crump Bryner said...

So glad you're not tired of blogging. I read you every day and always enjoy, although don't always comment. I love hearing about your life and your critters and your stories. Thanks!!

L. D. said...

Those who do not blog do not know the pull of the process. I have so many friends, close or not so close, that I drop in on once in a while. I view their lives as they each see themselves and I interpret what I actually see and read. I think it is a wonderful connection no matter how close we become or how we use each other to feel up that already busy day.

L. D. said...

"feel" and "fill: are a mental complication that sneaks out once in a while when they don't really mean the same thing at all.

GPearson said...

Vicki, so glad I found you and your writing. Makes me feel at home. I look forward to reading your blog and your photos really take me back to my mountains-the places I truly love. Thank you!

Thérèse said...

So much pleasure at reading your blog Vicky, thanks for keeping up with it so beautifully.