Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Shout in the Mist


Yesterday was grey and rainy but as I was driving in to Marshall this line of Bradford pears fairly shouted at me to take their picture.


I'm disappointed to see that my lens appears to have been fogged up ...


But these trees are such beauties -- and their beauty is enhanced by the repetition as they follow the curve of the yard.

Every year at this time, I make a plan to plant a line of Bradford pears somewhere on our place . . . and come spring there's always too much else to do. 

But I can always enjoy these.


5 comments:

Ms. A said...

They look beautiful!

Anvilcloud said...

The hilite nicely.

Frances said...

The autumn colors of those pear trees against the misty green are very beautiful. Thank you for stopping to take the photos.

Vicki, since next year is a leap year, you'll have an extra day to consider planting your own pear trees! xo

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm following some new roads in my travels from my new home these days, so I am thrilled to know those orange trees will be Bradford Pears in the spring...as well as to enjoy them now.

Jime said...

Really like the arch of the line of pear trees and the fog on your lens adds to the appeal of the photograph.