Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Milestones-Josie Has Braids and Draws Stuff


I have two braids (and  a topknot.) I like braids.


My little chair is handy for checking out my top shelf. The other shelves that are higher are where Meema puts her stuff. I am not supposed to mess with her stuff.


Robin watched me play with my new  toys.  I gave them names like Mr. King and Mrs. Queen, Sir Knight and Miss Lady. Meema said the Jester was Tooley and that we should call the red dragon (who is a nice dragon) for our friend Suzie because red dragons are special to her. 


Later we went to The Room. There was thunder and Li'l Pup got scared. I told him I was there for him and gave him a hug. He felt better.


Everyone was a little scared so I read them a story.


Being a mama is sometimes hard work with so many kids to take care of


It rained and rained.  


Back in the living room I did some coloring in the book my friend Sandy sent me. When a page gets filled up, Meema wets a towel and wipes it clean so I can color it again another time


I drew a yellow sun on the page where Meema wrote my name. I am getting good at suns. 

I did some more drawing upstairs in my office. Meema says it is her workroom but I have a desk there with pencils and paper and paperclips so I say it is my workroom and my office. I tell Meema she can have the corner with her ironing board.

This is a picture of me All Alone at the beach when I was a grownup. There is the sun and the ocean too. I forgot to put the sand in this one but I did in some others. 



4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful braids. Getting a child to sit still for hair affairs is a trip! Of course I had 3 boys, so only know from visiting with my grands! Lots of rain lately, I hope y'all don't slide down the mountain. Several neighbors in Black Mountain said their driveways washed away last Friday.

Vicki Lane said...

So far, we're fine. John works on the road and the waterbreaks with his tractor before/after each big rain.

Sandra Parshall said...

What a delight to see her using the drawing pad I gave her! I love her braids and topknot. And I love the compassion she shows for anyone who might be scared by the storm, even if those others are toys. She's already thinking outside herself and feeling what others feel. Some psychologists say that ability doesn't fully develop until a child is around 6. But of course Josie is always ahead!

jennyfreckles said...

Growing up so fast - and producing quite sophisticated drawings for her age, I think.