Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sometimes I Have Apocalyptic Nightmares . . .

Manipulated from original image by Kena Betancuria-AFP/Getty Images

 . . . and I dream that a huge number of my fellow Americans think that a vulgarian with a fourth grade vocabulary and a kindergarten mentality would be a good president for the USA. I imagine this egotistical, know-nothing, bloviating disaster engaged in talks with leaders of other countries and I wake up shaking, hardly able to breathe.

Then I am faced with the chilling realization that I'm even more terrified by the smarmy, evangelical, would-be Messiah that is the alternative on the (R)ight side of the ticket.

Someone wake me up again.




8 comments:

Thérèse said...

There is a huge international crisis with politicians going on. 😰

Anvilcloud said...

Remember that bit from a few months ago that Canada should be president of the USA?

Vicki Lane said...

I'd vote for Trudeau in a heartbeat!

Barbara Rogers said...

All my republican history is just aghast. No wonder I'm a liberal democrat. I like that there are places saying they'll welcome refugees from the us if the GOP is supposedly our leadership

Jime said...

I'M SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND IF THAT ego monster moves into the white house. He would probably put up a neon sign TRUMPS WHITE HOUSE. HE WOULD RENT OUT VARIOUS ROOMS FOR $100,000 a night, claiming to help bring down the national dept, then declare bankruptcy to really cure our dept problems (he has the experience). Oh me I feel sick.

Mel said...

I couldn't agree more. If only it were just a bad dream...

Anonymous said...

I have those same nightmares. Trouble is, I'm wide awake. Can't bear to watch much of what's being reported. Wouldn't watch any of it except I don't want to be completely uninformed. The scariest thing is how many people actually believe what they're being told and are caught up in the hysteria of hate. Though not especially a Paul Harvey fan, I used to take comfort in his quote "In times like these it helps to recall that there have always been times like these" - but that's not helping at this point. Pat D

jennyfreckles said...

You're not the only one. The world seems to have gone mad.