Sunday, April 24, 2016

Purple Plain


No, this isn't meant as a tribute to Prince though if you like to consider it as such, that's fine with me.


I don't have anything against the late artist -- it's just that my involvement with pop music pretty much ended with the Sixties and I couldn't hum one of Prince's songs if you put a gun to my head. (I couldn't have even named one a week ago but the internet has remedied that.)


But when I looked through the pictures I took yesterday, there was so much purple . . .


The columbine . . .


The wisteria going crazy on the porch of the Gran House . . .


The first irises . . .


Wisteria at the pond . . . 


The centaura . . . and more wisteria. Such a beautiful time!



6 comments:

Stella Jones said...

Yes you're right about the purple Vicki. It's prolific over here too.
I am not a fan of Prince, but I'm sorry he died alone.

Anvilcloud said...

I have the same experience with (or without) pop music. What happened after the early Beatles, I can't say. :)

Frances said...

Vicki, your wisteria is very beautiful, and so was Prince and his vast creativity and generosity.

xo

NCmountainwoman said...

Like you, I had little interest in Prince's music and my children were a bit too young. And they were caught up with Michael Jackson. But I do believe he was a very creative person, composer and amazing performer.

I love your wisteria and other lovely flowering plants.

Jime said...

I also did not dig pop music. I admire his talent and independence. Your purples are better than my purples. All we got is the jacaranda tree out here.

Ms. A said...

Beautiful purples! Wisteria reminds me of my childhood, where it grew along the fence in the backyard. The bees loved it!