My three pots of basil were ready for a second snipping. It's possible they'll regrow enough before frost that I'll have a third picking.

It's lovely to sit on the porch enjoying the view while I strip the fragrant leaves from the stems.
It's not like the old days when I would be out here shucking bushels of corn or snapping baskets of beans from the garden. But even a tiny harvest makes me smile.
My tray full of basil resulted in four packed cups of basil--just right for one batch of pesto. A quarter cup of almonds, a quarter cup of Parmesan, 6 cloves of garlic, and a bit of olive oil went into the food processor with the leaves. And after a quick whirl, I had two half pints of pesto for the freezer.
Green gold that will bring a touch of summer to winter meals.



No comments:
Post a Comment